I am growing fresh herbs in my kitchen right now, and I decided to use the cilantro and parsley to garnish this salad. Cilantro detoxifies heavy metals from the body, while parsley helps relieve bloating, improves digestion and is high in anti-oxidants.
- 2 cups coleslaw
- 1/2 cup chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper, cut into strips
- 2 large garlic stuffed green olives, sliced
- Fresh cilantro and parsley to garnish
- Pink Himalayan sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbs apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar
Combine everything in a bowl and garnish with the parsley and cilantro. Enjoy!
- 4 ripe avocados
- 5 Tbs cacao or carob powder
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup vanilla unsweetened almond milk
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- Graham cracker pie shell
- Banana slices or berries to garnish
Blend in a Vitamix until smooth. Put in a graham cracker pie shell and top with banana slices or berries. Serve chilled.
- 8 oz. water
- 1 cup kale
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1/4 cup pineapple chunks
- 1 scoop Vega Vanilla and Greens protein
Blend together and add more water if too thick! Enjoy!
I bought acorn squash a couple of weeks ago and I decided tonight was the night to roast them. I had a plan to make a savory dish, but then I remembered I had vegan Field Roast breakfast sausage in my freezer and immediately I thought of breakfast. So I made a batch of quinoa and mixed everything together to make this protein packed sweet (but not overly sweet) meal. It came out amazing and was very simple to make!
- 2 acorn squash, cut in half
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (Cook according to directions
- 6 Vegan Field Roast breakfast sausages, cut into small chunks
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- Cinnamon to taste
- 1 tsp olive oil
Roast the acorn squash face down on 400 degrees for about 40 minutes or until soft. Cook the quinoa according to package. Scoop out the flesh of the acorn squash and put in a separate pan with the sausage and cooked quinoa. Drizzle the maple syrup and add some cinnamon to taste. Cook until warm and then serve in the acorn squash shell! Enjoy!
This protein shake has everything but the kitchen sink. It tastes great and is super healthy for you! Hemp is an excellent source of plant-based protein and contains all of the 9 essential amino acids!
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 banana
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 1 scoop Vega vanilla
- 1 tbs carob powder
- 1 tbs Hemp powder
- 1/4 tsp matcha
- 1/4 tsp spirulina
- Some ice and water to thin it out if too thick
Directions: Blend together, drink and enjoy a burst of energy!