If you are having the error of “Installation has failed” while installing Discord, don’t worry. You are not alone. The good news is you can fix the problem. Discord is an application that specializes in text, image, audio, and video for video games. It brings a fantastic experience for playing video games.
It has features like voice chatting, message board, gifs, emoticons, stickers, and many more. It is one of the best alternatives to Skype or other similar applications. However, some things need to be taken care of while installing Discord on your PC. These steps will guide you in installing the software without any errors.
Discord Installation Failed error: What causes it?
If you’re reinstalling Discord on your computer after you have removed it earlier, you might have forgotten to remove the local files stored against your profile. These local files usually conflict with Discord when you try to install it again. If you get the error message “Windows Server AppFabric v1.1 is not installed on this computer. The application is not supported on this operating system.”, you need to uninstall the AppFabric component and then reinstall it.
How to Resolve Discord Installation Has Failed Error
Discord installation problems can be fixed with the following solutions. Following these steps will get Discord back up and running.
Disable Discord in the Task Manager
Before you can move on to Step 2, you need to end all processes running Discord on your computer so that you can remove Discord’s folders.
- To invoke the Run box, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time on your keyboard.
- Enter taskmgr and click OK.
- Click on the End task button next to any Discord-related process in the Process tab. If Discord has more than one process, you’ll need to repeat this several times to end the process.
- After closing Task Manager, Discord will be closed.
- Once this is done, you can delete Discord folders. Again, keep reading to learn how.
Install Microsoft .NET Framework
Microsoft.NET Framework is an overall architecture used by various applications and games alike. It allows application developers to develop their applications on top of existing classes and libraries developed by Microsoft. Usually,.NET Framework is automatically installed on your computer, but there are some cases where this might not happen (usually when you migrate your disk or because of administrative issues).
In this solution, we will install the.NET Framework manually after downloading it from the official website and then try installing it. If it still doesn’t work, we will go ahead and manually relocate the installation folder. Note: This solution requires that you have Archiving software installed on your computer (such as WinRAR or 7-ZIP).
- Go to the official Microsoft website and download the .NET Framework executable to a location you can access.
- Run it with administrator privileges by selecting it with the right-click menu. Restart your computer after the Installation is complete to check if it is working properly.
Please follow the steps listed below if you still are unable to install:
- Extract the Discord Installer to 7-Zip >DiscordSetup by right-clicking on it.
- The Discord Setup window will appear. Drag the DiscordSetup folder into Local Disk C.
- Locate the file Discord-0.0.300-full.nupkg in the DiscordSetup folder. If you are trying to install a newer version, the version number of Discord (0.0.300) might be a little different. Right-click the file and extract it to the same directory.
- You are now on the following path:
The Discord application is available here. To run it as an administrator, select it from the right-click menu. You should now be able to launch Discord. You can create a shortcut of the app to your desktop since it is cumbersome to access this page every time the app needs to be launched.