taryn demuro health coachHi, I’m Taryn DeMuro. I am a passionate, highly energetic, fun-loving, caring individual who has a positive mindset in all that I do. I love to workout, eat healthy, enjoy nature, and spend valuable time with my partner and my family.

I was raised on good, wholesome foods throughout my entire life and my mother ensured that our family was given a delicious home cooked meal every night. I did however, go through a phase of eating lots of donuts and cookies because of my intense sweet tooth, which invevitably caught up to me and made me gain some weight at different periods in my life. As I got older though, I have become more conscious of what I put into my body and see food as nourishment. I have been a vegetarian for 8 years and I have never felt better in my life! I follow a 90/10 rule, where 90% of my food is healthy and the other 10% is the sweets that I crave.

What truly inspired me to gain a path to wellness was my father. My earliest memories of my father juicing inspired me to eat nutritious foods since I was a child.  I can remember him juicing over 20 years ago, which was way ahead of his time.  He would throw in every type of greens he had, every vegetable and even garlic.  He would then hold his nose and drink it straight and make a funny face after.  I asked my dad why he drank it if it looked like mud (and probably tasted like mud) and his reply was, “I don’t drink it for taste, I drink it for health!” I still remember that day like it was yesterday.  Fast forward 20 years, I found out that my dad had leukemia and I was devastated.  When he was in the hospital being treated for it, I watched as the nurses brought him nutritionally devoid foods such as white potatoes and jello that he would politely decline.  I couldn’t believe that is what our healthcare system served patients who are in need of nutritional healing foods. My father is my true inspiration because 3 years after finding out about his disease, he eats a mostly plant based diet and superfoods to help keep him strong.  He is stronger than ever, runs 7-8 miles a day and eats better than anyone I know. I truly believe that the foods he puts into his body allots him the energy and healing properties that he needs to combat his disease.

My goal as a certified holistic health coach and certified personal trainer is to help others achieve their weight loss goals, gain energy and learn how to eat in a way that will make you glow throughout life. I am committed to giving you the support you need and I will hold you accountable to your goals. My goal is to help support you in your journey to live a more positive, happy, healthy, glowing lifestyle.

I have my B.A. in Psychology from Montclair State University and received my health coach training from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, where I was trained in more than one hundred dietary theories and studied a variety of practical lifestyle coaching methods. I am also a NASM Certified Personal Trainer and senior fitness specialist that can create a training program specific to your individual goals.

If you want something you never had, you must do something you’ve never done. Contact me if you are truly looking to change your relationship with food or if you want to feel confident in your newly sculpted body!


Schedule an initial consultation with me today.

4 thoughts on “About

  1. Hey there Taryn! How fortunate you are to have parents who taught you how to eat healthfully. Of course, you could have rebelled and become a junk food junkie (it sounds like you did for awhile), but instead you embraced it. I didn’t learn healthy eating at home, but finally discovered it when my husband was having some health issues. Anyway, your blog is fantastic chica! It’s a pleasure to e-meet you. Celeste šŸ™‚

  2. Thank you, Celeste. I truly appreciate the feedback! I hope to continue to inspire others about the pleasures of eating healthy and feeling great as a result. It’s a pleasure to e-meet you as well! Taryn

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s