It’s a beautiful day, and I was craving a Greek salad. Instead, I threw together what I had in my fridge and pantry and came up with this meal. And, as I’m chopping the veggies, they just so happened to form a heart! This recipe makes enough so you can eat it for lunches during the week too!
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked according to package
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cucumber seeded and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups of tomatoes cut in half
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 tbs olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Himalayan sea salt and pepper to taste
Cook the quinoa according to the package. Chop all your veggies and have them ready on a cutting board and rinse and drain the chickpeas. Once quinoa is done cooking, transfer to a large bowl and stir it with 2 tbs of olive oil and some salt and pepper. Once the quinoa mixture is room temperature (takes about 15-20 min to cool) then stir in all the veggies and chickpeas. Add the remaining 2 tbs of olive oil, the juice of 1 lemon and some salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!