I went to a farm side stand today and couldn’t resist the beautiful red tomatoes, fragrant basil, and fresh garlic pulled right from the ground. Immediately, my mind went to making a fresh bruschetta as an appetizer before dinner. As I peeled the farm fresh garlic, you could smell how potent it was and I couldn’t wait to eat it!
This recipe that I threw together is super easy and filled with tons of flavor.
- 6-7 small tomatoes, diced
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 4 tbs red wine vinegar
- 4 cloves of fresh garlic, chopped
- 4 leaves of fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan pink sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 loaf of French bread, thinly sliced
- Mix the vinegar, garlic, basil, salt, pepper, and drizzle in the olive oil into a bowl. Pour that mixture over the tomatoes and let sit at room temperature for 20 minutes to allow the flavors to combine. Serve with a loaf of French bread thinly sliced and enjoy!