I went to the local farmers market this weekend and bought some fresh radishes and a variety of greens. I was craving tacos tonight, being that it’s Taco Tuesday, and threw together this recipe. Not only was it easy, but it was quite tasty! The spicy taste of the Sriracha sauce is balanced out beautifully by the crisp crunch of the radishes and red cabbage. I also tried a new product tonight called Beyond Meat Chicken-Free Strips, which not only have as much protein as chicken, but are gluten-free as well. I must say, I was quite impressed by the taste of these strips! So, if you are in the mood for a tasty taco, try this recipe!
- 1 9 oz. package of Beyond Meat Chicken-Free Strips Grilled Flavor (Found in the freezer section of health food stores)
- 1 can of organic pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 packet of Garden of Eatin’ Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Food for Life Brown Rice Gluten-Free Tortillas (thaw if frozen)
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups of assorted greens (any kind of green you have on hand will work)
- 1/2 small red cabbage cut into strips
- 3 Radishes cut into thin circles
- 2 tsp Vegenaise
- 2 tsp Sriracha sauce (more if you like it really spicy!)
Heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the Beyond Meat Chicken-Free Strips and cook for about 4 minutes. Add taco seasoning and water and cook for another 5 minutes on medium-low heat. Once the seasoning is thickened, add the pinto beans and cook for an additional 7-10 minutes.
While the bean/chicken mixture is cooking, mix together the Vegenaise and Sriracha sauce. Plate the tortilla, add the bean/chicken mixture, greens, tomatoes, radishes and red cabbage. Drizzle the Sriracha Vegenaise sauce all over the top and enjoy!