If you like pina coladas, (sing it with me!) then you will love this healthy smoothie. I am so excited that Spring has arrived, which means bathing suit season isn’t too far off. As I get ready for my bathing suit, I incorporate a delicious smoothie into each of my days to help keep me full, yet give me the nutrients I need. The best part about a smoothie is that you have endless combinations, and this is one of my favorite ones.
The star ingredient in this smoothie is pineapple, which has amazing health benefits:
- It contains bromelain which helps banish belly bloat by breaking down proteins and easing your digestion. It keeps your digestion track clean and healthy.
- Bromelain also helps prevent sinusitis, and with allergy season upon us, eating pineapple will help prevent sinus infections.
- It’s known for it’s anti-inflammatory properties, which can ease the pain of arthritis, as well as strengthens your bones. It has even been shown to help ease the symptoms of carpal tunnel.
- It contains vitamin C which helps boost your immune system.
- 1 banana
- 3 spears of fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 6 ice cubes
- 1 tsp shredded coconut
Blend all ingredients in a blender or Nutribullet. Sprinkle the top with some of the shredded coconut and garnish with a pineapple wedge or strawberry. Enjoy!