Want the taste of pumpkin pie without all the calories? This easy recipe will satisfy any sweet tooth and give you the healthy benefits of pumpkin. Pure pumpkin has 3 grams of fiber per 1 cup serving and will keep you feeling fuller longer. Pumpkin also contains beta-carotene which is known for its immune-boosting powers. So go ahead, enjoy this healthy, nutrient packed guilt-free breakfast.
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup of gluten free oats
- 1/2 cup of organic canned pumpkin
- 1 tbs of organic cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Pure maple syrup for drizzling
- Optional: a few walnuts to top the oatmeal
Bring the water to a boil and add the oats. Cook for about 1o minutes and add the pumpkin, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cook for another 3 minutes. Serve with maple syrup drizzled on the top and a few walnuts.